Sunday, 23 October 2011

Blog 6/6 Ambience



Blog 6 Ambience

"The relaxing atmosphere is a haven for me on Monday afternoons” Bridget (n.d). To me ambience refers to the atmosphere and how it influences my experience of an activity.

“I notice that there are not many people running around the lake today, usually I pass people every 2 minutes as I run but I am half way around the lake today and I have passed maybe three people I decide that this is because everyone is getting ready for the big game tonight, with this comes a peaceful atmosphere and I don’t feel the pressure to go faster or slower which is definitely an atmosphere I appreciate, the temperature is perfect and it’s lovely and sunny.”

That small reflection from my run is expressing the ambience I experienced as I ran today. Every day is different and it doesn’t always matter if there are people or not, this was just the feel I had with the atmosphere on this particular run, sometimes there can be feelings of tension, the weather often evokes different feelings in the air, a sunny day always feels enjoyable and a rainy day can sometimes express an atmosphere of struggle.
I believe ambience is what is in the air around us and present wherever we are, different situations, personalities, activities, occasions create different atmospheres which is what I would consider the ambience. 

Ambience can provide you with both positive and negative experiences, although for me I would usually notice a positive ambience and enjoy the experience, running often creates positive atmospheres for me, I feel like I am in my zone and the fresh air, whether it is warm or cold is always welcomed.  Perfect ambience whilst on my run would be a fresh sunny late afternoon run around the lake or by the river so I can take in the beautiful scenery, with a light breeze to stop me from overheating.

Bridget. (n.d.). The whole body spa testimonials. Retrieved October 26, 2011, from The whole body spa: http://www.thewholebodyspa.com/testimonials.html

 







                     


No comments:

Post a Comment